Saturday, December 21, 2013

christmas with nina and pop

Nina and Pop came down Friday afternoon to celebrate Christmas with us.  Emmy had a great time opening presents.  I think this was the first time she has actually opened a present on her own.  She's a pro!  She was very excited about her shopping cart and Ariel castle. 
 
 
Bryce got an Angry birds GO! game that he put on his Christmas list.  He was so excited.  I'm less than excited about all the pieces it has!  He also got a fun remote control car that lights up!

 
These two play so well together (most of the time).

 
The pirate ship takes a bit of time and patience to set up.  It's a lot nicer on the iPad because it's set up with the push of a button!

 
But it's oh so fun to knock down!

 
After Emmy's nap, we went to Bass Pro Shop for dinner and then headed to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens to see their Garden Fest of Lights.  I always love the peacock light display.

 
We had a great visit with Nina and Pop and enjoyed having our first official overnight guests since we've been in our house!

 

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

Oh the botanical garden looks amazing--I will have to add that to my list for next year!

And, Em, you will only get better at unwrapping those gifts--because surely you will be showered with them often.

And, I have to giggle and think to myself that I am going to hide toy pieces all over your house one day ;) Oh wait, we did that--with Nerf bullets! Check! :)