Sunday, December 8, 2013

catching up

I was off to a great start last week and thought that I might actually get in a post everyday, but not so much!  Apparently my weekend started on Thursday and I got too busy to blog.  We had MOPS on Thursday and Bryce had fun celebrating Christmas with his class.  This is his teacher Ms. Eileen.  He really enjoys her and she just adores the kids. 
 
 
Ms. Eileen gave each of the kids a gift, but Bryce refused to hold it in the picture with her, so I finally got a picture in the parking lot.

 
We've still be keeping up with our Truth in the Tinsel Advent activities.  On day 5 we made Mary and used Gabriel from day 4 to retell the story of Gabriel telling Mary she would give birth to Jesus. 

 
On day 6 we made Mary and Elizabeth and on day 7 we made a cd for Mary's song and learned how they rejoiced in God's plan. 

 
Today we made a sun because Zechariah describes Jesus as the "rising sun" coming from heaven to "shine on those living in darkness".  And just like the candle we made on day 1, we are reminded that Jesus is the Light of the World.

2 comments:

Shipley Mommy said...

Bryce is so good for pictures! I love that you are doing a daily time for Christmas, kids need that reminder about the true meaning of why we celebrate to help balance (down out) the toy commercials and songs and the hype. You are a greta mama Grace!

Niki said...

I love Eileen! She is my neighbor and my kids love her! Wonderful lady with lots of energy :) Glad that Bryce is in her class ~ Love hearing/seeing about your daily advent activities!!