Monday, May 31, 2010
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Opening presents and being silly.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I try to make a mental list of things Bryce is doing as the month milestones come up, but this month my brain couldn't hold it all. Bryce is doing SO much these days.
- He can recognize most animals and tell you the sound they make (monkey, cat, and snake are my favorite).
- He has a large vocabulary and calls many things by name when he sees them. He is currently loving airplanes, tractors, geese and ducks.
- He no longer refers to Macy as dog. He calls her by her name, which sounds like "bacy".
- He says thank you and bless you most of the time without prompting.
- He can count to 2. I know that is only two numbers, but he gets it! We are working on counting to 3 because he currently says 1, 2, 5.
- I noticed Bryce's 6th tooth coming in this weekend. I'm no expert on teeth, but I think it's a one year molar. Is there such a thing?
- He weighs 22.2 pounds, which only puts him in the 10-25 percentile. This is nothing new to us. We were just happy he gained weight this time.
- Bryce grew an inch and a half and is now 30 inches tall (also 10-25 percentile).
Today's doctor visit was probably the worst to date. As soon as I took him back to the room, he started screaming. It was quite a challenge getting him undressed and onto the scale. He was not happy about it and it took him a long time to calm down, only to start back up when the doctor finally came in. We were practically yelling at each other during the exam. Tears aside, he checked out just fine! It didn't help that Bryce had gotten stung by a bee earlier in the day (thank goodness for no allergies) and we had to cut his nap short so I could get him to the doctor in time. Luckily our next visit is over the summer so I was able to plan around his schedule and not mine. The doctor felt so bad for him today that she only gave him 2 shots. That means more next time. Poor kid!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
I'm still the winner of our version of The Biggest Loser. I lost 2 pounds last week and Jason lost 0. I don't really think he's dieting. I think he just told me he would diet with me to help motivate me. At any rate, it worked! I'm excited that I've lost 4.4 pounds and I'm excited that today is the fist day I have been able to wear my pre-pregnancy pants. It is pretty sad that Bryce is 15 months old today and it's the first time I have been able to wear something out of my "skinny bin", but oh it's a good feeling!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The pickin' was fun, but the eatin' was better!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Jason and I weighed in yesterday morning as week 1 of Biggest Loser: Whitlock Edition came to an end. I am proud to report that I lost 2.4 pounds. Jason forgot how much he weighed when we started last Monday, so I won this week. Next week we will compare percentage of weight loss because there is no way I could match him pound for pound. I will try and have some Bryce pictures up tomorrow. I had a horrible headache last night and I was asleep on the couch by 8 and then we had friends over for dinner tonight.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
He even enjoys going over the tunnel.
And he likes to go under the tunnel.