Thursday, October 3, 2013

a fun day in Ashland

We have so busy and boy has it been fun!  We've been so busy that I've just gotten a chance to sit down and check my 30 unread emails, get pictures off my camera cards, and save pictures from my phone and text messages. 
 
Taking the kids to story time is something that I have always enjoyed.  The local library has a Mother Goose story time for Emmy's age group and there is a preschool story time for Bryce.  I have been able to take Emmy to story time by herself this year since it's while Bryce is at school.  Bryce's story time has been harder to coordinate because of his school and other things we have going on like MOPs .  This week we decided to go to a different story time in the town of Ashland and make a little field trip out of it with our friend Thomas and his mom.
 
 
After story time, we crossed the railroad tracks to go to the train store.

 
Even though we have a train table, they seem to be more fun somewhere else!

 
After the train store, we headed down to the train station.

 
We stood on the tracks and watched for a train to come. 

 
We LOVE a good photo op!

 
Then we headed to one of my most favorite lunch spots.  The boys enjoyed being able to see the tracks from the restaurant.

 
We walked around town a little more after lunch and stumbled on a caboose car. 

 

 
I am loving these fall days and the ability to be home with my kiddos!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

Super fun day for all!! So glad we got to go and see the trains! (all 4 of them as Bryce counted! :)