Tuesday, February 2, 2010

snow day #2

I'm enjoying this snow day more than I did yesterday! Crossing my fingers for just one more. Bryce and Macy had a ton of fun today. I tried to wear him out so he would take a good afternoon nap since he barely slept an hour this morning. I'll let you know how that goes.

I think Bryce would chase Macy around the coffee table for hours on end. She is a little too fast for him. I always had to get the toy for him.
He gets to giggling so hard when Macy pulls the toy from him.
Who needs a sibling when you have a dog? These two could play tug of war for hours. Speaking of dog, that is Bryce's favorite word these days. Every time he sees Macy he points at her and says, dog!

Bryce wore down a lot faster than Macy. He had to move a lot faster than she did.

Bryce enjoyed lunch time today. He is a very picky eater and I can never get him to eat anything that I think a kid should like. I have given him macaroni and cheese before, but he has never really liked it. Well, today he loved it. He gasped every time he opened his mouth to put a piece in. It may have also just been out of excitement that he finally picked up one of those squirmy little noodles!

YUM-O!

He was very excited when he was done eating and realized about half of the meal had fallen into his bib. It was a like a second lunch!

Dressed and ready to play in the snow.

Last time it snowed Bryce just kind of sat in the snow. I don't know if it was because he had never seen it before or if he wasn't as mobile a month ago, but he loved it today. He crawled around in it for a while. He managed to leave his mittens on for a while, but they didn't last long.
Why not taste the snow?

It was a little too cold for his liking!

The weather forecast is calling for a little wintry mix tonight and then another big storm this weekend. This is so NOT typical for Richmond! I love it and I hope this trend continues as Bryce gets older so he can enjoy it. We went quite a few years that the kids in the area didn't even know what snow was. Well Bryce is still sleeping so I'm off to grade writings that I've been putting off since the snow began. At least dinner is in the crock pot and I don't have to cook tonight!

No comments: