Thursday, January 8, 2015

our week

I posted a while back about painting our fireplace.  Once the Christmas decorations came down, everything looked so sad and bare so I set out last weekend for things to decorate!  I bought the lanterns, basket, blanket, and cabinet to spruce up the space a bit.  The fireplace is still missing something.  I feel like the mantle is too high and I want to fill that space.  Maybe it's just me.
 
 
I also rearranged the shelves and found myself with an entire empty shelf.  I'm on the lookout for some books and goodies to fill the space.  It will be a work in progress for a while.

 
This year I want to be better about working with Emmy academically.  She does not have a love for learning like her brother, so I'm going to have to be creative.  We picked up Fruit Loops at the store on Monday so we could do a little color recognition and sorting.
 
 
Bryce went back to school Monday, which meant we were all back to our normal routine.  The picture below is NOT typically our normal routine.  I was fixing dinner and they were watching a movie together.  Usually when I'm fixing dinner, they are chasing each other and someone is usually mad at the other or hurt.  
 
I had a picture on my time hop on Tuesday of Emmy from last year when she was a month away from her second birthday.  So I decided a needed a picture of her when she was one month away from three! 

 
After dinner on Tuesday night we went to visit Nanny because she had just gotten a pretty purple cast that the kids wanted to see and sign.

 
Bryce signed his and Emmy's name and Emmy drew a picture.

 
These two bring a smile to Nanny's face, even if she's in a cast!

 
My neighbor made me this fun monogrammed scarf for Christmas and I finally figured out how to wear it yesterday!  I'm not a fan of a selfie, but I was so proud of myself and my hair girl that we were able to get the scarf on with the monogram right side up.  Every time I do it, it ends up upside down.

 
Taylor came over to play with Emmy today and they had SO much fun.  I never managed to get any other pictures than this, but a good time was had by all.

 
The bitter cold has arrived so we've been hunkered down inside eating chili and soup all week!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

The fireplace is looking great! I love the little cabinet.

And, poor Nanny, I didn't know she broke her arm! Give her feel better hugs from us!

(Oh,and I have some workbooks and learning things for Emmy. I saved them for you when I spend New Years Day cleaning out my playroom!)