Friday, May 31, 2013

life through my iphone

Bryce got his haircut at Kelly's last week and requested a Mohawk before she cut it!
 
 
Tuesday was my mom's birthday.  We had a yummy dinner at Bonefish.

 
After dinner we went back to their house for dessert.  My Nanny always made my mom a strawberry pie for her birthday.  I have taken over the tradition in the last few years.

 
My Nanny said her recipe is the Shoney's strawberry pie recipe. 
 
Ingredients:
 
3 T cornstarch
1 c sugar
1 c water
3 T strawberry jello
1 pie shell
1 qt sliced strawberries
 
Directions:
Line a baked pie shell with sliced strawberries.
 
Bring cornstarch, sugar, water, and jello to a boil.  Let it cool.  Pour over strawberries.  Chill.  Top with whip cream. YUM!

 
That night we headed home to start power washing our fence.  Our neighbors did theirs last year so we thought we better step up our game!  Bryce enjoyed watching.
 
 
I've never understood when people say their summer starts after Memorial Day.  However, now that I'm not working and Bryce's school finished up before Memorial Day, I see what they're talking about.  What else says summer like the pool.  Bryce went for a swim yesterday with Nana.

 
And if the pool doesn't say summer, then a sno shack surely does! 

 
Emmy loved her first sno shack.

 
She was NOT happy when she spilled it and Macy finished it up!

 
Happy Friday

2 comments:

HickChickBritt said...

Oh my gosh I absolutely love that last picture!! We have seen a very similar face around here quite a bit lately! haha

Shipley Mommy said...

Oh that face! Poor Emmy!!