Sunday, December 14, 2014

a whole lot of sickness

Emmy and I went to a MOPs birthday party for Jesus on Thursday and had lots of fun.  We had yummy snacks, did some crafts, watched a movie, and played with friends.
 
Such a sweet group of kiddos. 

 
The kids are really enjoying our Truth in the Tinsel Advent activities.  Thursday was Day 11 and the clue/ornament was Jesus' Name. 
 Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.

 
I put together a "sunshine" basket for a friend this week (with the help of my personal shopper...aka my mom, since Bryce was home sick) to send a smile her way!

 
I had some time to wrap gifts for Bryce's teachers while I was home with a sick boy.
 
I also spent quite a bit of time sitting on the sofa with Bryce staring at our brick fireplace while he was sick.  Which then led me to spend a lot of time searching pinterest for ideas of how to update said fireplace.  I came across this whitewashed look and fell in love. 
 

 
I got right to work the next day and well, I'd say I didn't quite achieve the same look. 

 
I actually remembered to take before pictures.
 
 
After

 
Another angle.

 
I decided tonight that I really didn't like what I did, so Jason took a wire brush to the bricks and sanded a bunch of the paint off.  It was just too white for my liking.  I think I'm going to use the leftover antique white from when I painted our bedroom furniture and dilute it a ton and put another thin coat on the bricks to give it a softer look.  I'll be sure to post updated pictures later. 
 
 
Despite the fact that Bryce has been sick since Thursday night, Jason and I were able to get out for a bit Saturday night (thanks again to my mom) to attend his work Christmas party. 

 
We even had our first experience in a photo booth at the party!  We may need a little practice.  We weren't quite ready for the second picture.

 
I kept the kids home with me this morning so we wouldn't spread any of our germs and Jason went to church without us.  It was our Sunday to teach Bryce's class so he went and I used the time to catch the kids up on our Truth in the Tinsel activities. 

 
Bryce was feeling pretty good this morning and I got my first smile out of him since Thursday. 

 
I think I'll probably end up keeping him home tomorrow, but I sure am hoping he'll be back for all the holiday fun at school by Tuesday!

No comments: