Saturday, September 20, 2014

kitchen reveal

You may remember a while back I mentioned we were doing some kitchen renovations.  Well, we are just about finished and we are loving our new kitchen!  I am by no means a decorator or designer and I need lots of help before making decisions.  I turned to pinterest for ideas and consulted a friend before making a few decisions and I really feel like my final product turned out how I envisioned. 
 
Before


After
 We painted our living room and kitchen with "Revere Pewter" by Benjamin Moore and our granite is an arabesco pattern. 

Before
We got a fun new chandelier for the eat in area and pendant lights from Shades of Light.  Our frames are from IKEA (the pictures for the frames are in transit), we got a new table off Craigs List and I found the fun living room chair at Home Goods.  
 
After

Before
 We didn't take before pictures from the best angle, but you can still see how open the space is now.
 
After

Pinterest Inspiration
 I had originally planned to do white subway tile, but when I stumbled on this bead board backsplash, I fell in love.  We used vinyl bead board in our downstairs bathroom and I knew it would be perfect for the kitchen, especially for cleaning purposes.  I love how it turned out!
 
Our end result
 I wish we had taken a panorama view before, but at least we have an after shot.
 
Panorama view of the finished product
 This was my inspiration for the gallery wall in the kitchen.

 
We still have a few things to do here and there, but for the most part, we are done!  Now if only we could get rid of the awful ceramic tile floor and put in hardwoods!  I'm not sure I have the money or the patience for that project any time soon!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the kitchen! Did you paint the cabinets and countertops? I really want to redo our kitchen, but we need to save up a little longer.

Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks lovely, Grace. I'm glad you decided to remodel it. A home needs to be remodeled once in a while, because it should grow with you as a part of your family. Anyway, I like the fact that you turned to white, since you can never go wrong with a white kitchen. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you and your family! :)

Willard Evans @ WOW! Homes