Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ice skating

 
We headed down to the city today with some of our middle and high school students in our youth group to go ice skating. I was a little shaky when I first got out on the ice, but it all came back to me pretty quickly!  The best part about it, we got in for free!  We didn't have to pay the $5 admission or $5 skate rental because we just so happen to have our home owners insurance through the sponsors of the rink!

 
Jason was having too much fun showing off which caused him to take a couple of falls. I wish I had gotten a picture of him when he was laid out face first on his stomach Pete Rose style (his words, not mine).  I guess if you can wear that hat in public a little fall can't really hurt your pride. 

 
Once the kids were cold and tired of skating we headed to the Starbucks across the street to warm up. I opted for a hot chocolate and got the kids size and couldn't resist taking a picture of the miniature cup!

Afterwards we went to Cook out for dinner. We had never been, but have always heard how good and well priced it was. I guess any $5 combo you can get with two corn dogs as your side is a steal, ha!

No comments: