Tuesday, February 21, 2012

bryce's birthday week

It is very important to me to make birthdays extra special.  We try really hard to make Christmas about Jesus and not about us and the presents, so I like to spoil Bryce on his birthday because it's his special day!  We started the fun today with a treat from Barnes and Noble!  We are members of the kids club and there are a few perks throughout the year.  Bryce got a coupon for a free cupcake or cookie from the store's cafe (which happens to serve treats from The Cheesecake Factory).  Of course he chose a chocolate cupcake.  He even shared with me!


A trip to Barnes and Noble isn't complete without a trip to the train table.  Even though we have one at home, it's just as fun at the store.  We happened to be there for their story time so we went.  I've said this before, but it doesn't even compare to story time at our local library.  Bryce loves my Berenstain Bear books from when I was a kid.  He chose two more to add to the collection.  I'd say birthday week is off to a great start! I just can't believe he's going to be 3 in four short days.

No comments: