Tuesday, October 4, 2011

big boy bed


As we start preparing for another nursery, we have been working on a big boy room for Bryce.  I found a bed and dresser that I liked at IKEA so we stopped by there this weekend while we were in northern Virginia.  Unfortunately, we were only able to get the bed because the dresser had been pulled for quality issues.  My dilemma now is to either exercise patience to see if they ever restock the dresser or find something else that matches from some where else.  I found a bookshelf at Target, so I may go ahead and get the dresser there too.  Bryce's mattress came in today, so Jason put the bed together tonight and Bryce watched Blue's Clues in his new bed tonight instead of a story!  He got to bed a little late because it took so long to get everything switched over.  If I could do it all over again, I would have worked it out so that he went to bed much earlier on his first night in a big boy bed.  It took him about an hour to fall asleep as he got used to his new surroundings.  All in all, I think he is happy! 

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

What a big bed! I bet he's excited. I would hold off for the Ikea dresser (although I haven't seen the Target one). It has SO much storage!

Melissa said...

Yay Bryce! I love that bedding too. Target?