Wednesday, October 19, 2011

24 weeks


*Don't tell my photographer, but the picture quality this week wasn't that great.  I had a hard time a choosing a picture.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 24 weeks
Maternity Clothes: Most of the time.  Yesterday I wore a regular dress and leggings and today I wore a regular pair of capri pants.  However, I had to put a belly band on to keep everything in and it was a little too tight.  I got a couple pair of new pants tonight because I can't torture myself another day with the belly band!
Gender: Girl.  We looked through the name book again last night and we are not making any progress.  Bryce is having fun coming up with names too.  He started with Zoe (a friend from Sunday school), then moved to Rosie (Cailou's sister), and now it's Camille.  We're not sure where he came up with that one.
Movement: All the time.  She seems to wake up with me in the morning.  It's kind of fun!
Sleep: not too bad.  However, I'm coming down with yet another cold and I'm getting a bit stuffy which makes falling asleep and waking up in the morning not so fun.
Cravings: Pumpkin Pie Pop-tarts.  These were a seasonal item last year and I never got my hands on a box.  A friend of mine was visiting family in Pennsylvania last weeks and she brought me home 2 boxes.  I can't wait to try them, but I'm going to wait since I can't taste anything with this cold.
Symptoms: nothing you want to hear about.....
Total weight gain: 11 pounds (I'm kind of hoping I'm not gaining a pound a week yet).  
What I miss: Nothing really
Best Moment of the week: Went to the doctor yesterday and got a good report.  My weight and blood pressure were good.  The baby's heart rate was 145 and I'm measuring right on schedule.  
What I'm looking forward to: I'm still waiting to hear back from the lady I ordered the bedding from to make sure she can do everything I requested.  

On a different note, you've probably been wondering where I've been this past week.  I've been around, just busy and without my camera.  Last Saturday I babysat Bryce's friend Aiden and his baby sister Maggie.  I didn't get any pictures.  It was fun having a baby around to see how Bryce is going to act.  It wasn't terribly difficult which makes me feel a little better about preparing for the baby.  We went to IKEA on Saturday night to get the dresser for Bryce's room.  Now I just need to order him a new bookshelf and work on wall decorations.  Potty training has taken a step back.  Last week Bryce stopped telling us when he needed to go to the bathroom.  He's still good about going when we ask him or just make him g, but he isn't as independent anymore.  He is also having a hard time with pooping on the potty which causes him to have a few accidents.  We just started off so strong, it's hard going backwards, but I know he'll get there and I can't complain about the progress he's made.  Hopefully I won't be such a stranger to the blog this week.
  

No comments: