Monday, December 9, 2019

pap's birthday

Pap would have been 74 today.  It is so hard to believe that we have celebrated his birthday without him for 4 years.  Each year we gather with my mom for dinner and dessert and we gift her an ornament that reminds us of Pap.  This year we gave her an Auburn football.  It was icing on the cake that they beat Alabama this year!


After dinner we took advantage of the warmer weather and visited Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens for their Garden Fest of Lights.


I took a million pictures of the pretty lights, but only a few of them turned out as well as they looked in person!




When I saw this picture, I was frustrated that the lady that took our picture didn't center us in front of the tree and then I thought to myself that it looked like we left a space for Pap.  We sure do miss him and wish he was standing here with us.

No comments: