Tuesday, May 13, 2014

strawberries and swimming

We went to a local you-pick strawberry patch today and came home with the last of the strawberries!  The farmer told us they were swamped on Mother's Day and had to close yesterday to give the berries some time to ripen.
 
 
Most of them were so tiny and so sweet!
 
 
Emmy picked a few, but she didn't like the weeds and the dirt.  I wonder who she gets that from?

 
Bryce was quite the pro.  He had his bucket filled before I even covered the bottom of mine.

 
We enjoyed having Nana with us!

 
My mom insisted on me getting in a picture with the kids.  I know I need to, but after seeing it, I'm glad I'm mostly behind the camera!

 
Proof of a successful morning!

 
The kids stayed with my mom after strawberry picking so I could get some painting done on the deck.  They came home once it was nice and hot outside so they could swim in the pool for the first time this year.  We've had this little pool for quite a while and it's still a big hit!
 
 
This little lady is going to keep me on my toes this summer.  She loves the water and she's not afraid of it.  She stood on the slide at one point and then slid down and went completely under water and came up with a grin on her face and never skipped a beat.

 
Bryce doesn't have many summers left in the "baby" pool.  Thank goodness the grandparents all have pools we can go to.

 
Taylor even stopped by for some pool fun with us.  They'll be excited once Chase is out of school for the summer and can join them!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

The picture of all three of you is awesome--they are all good! Glad you guys got a lot of berries before it got super hot! I am going to have to pop for a pool for my kids this year. Last years inflatables got tossed out this year.