Monday, May 12, 2014

mother's day

This was probably the best Mother's Day to date!  We typically don't make plans on Sundays because of church, but we had an event we've been looking forward to and we could only make it on Sunday.  This gave us an entire day of family fun, with a little extra focus on me!  I was spoiled from the time I got up to the time I went to bed!  Jason greeted me with a mimosa to start the day off right.  YUM!  He wrote me the sweetest note (way better than any card he could buy) and posted this to Facebook and I just melted!
 
 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” (Proverbs 31:28, 29 NIV)

Happy Mother's Day Grace Boone Whitlock! You are, without question, amazing.
 
 
Next, I was greeted by this sweet boy who first made me a mama with a sweet gift he made at school.

 
He's just the sweetest!

 
I was so excited to see that his teachers did a questionnaire again this year.  He knows me pretty well. 
 
 
After all the presents, we were off to the beach for the day!

 
Bryce loves monster trucks and a friend told us about the Monsters on the Beach event at Virginia Beach each year and it happened to be on Mother's Day weekend.  I was willing to tag along for monster trucks in exchange for some time on the beach!
 
 
These two love the beach!

 
The water was cold, but it didn't stop these silly kiddos from getting in.

 
A girl after my own heart.  There's not much more I need than some sand, a chair and some sun!

 
A little sand castle building.

 
My sweet babies.  How could this not make for a perfect Mother's Day?!?
 
 
Here's a little secret.  I love the beach, but I hate sand and really the water for that matter, ha!  The thought of being down in the sand like this it just too much.

 
And I seriously cringe at this.  Do you know how long it takes to get all that sand off.

 
After some beach time, we headed to the playground for a little fun before getting cleaned up for lunch.
 
 
After lunch we headed to the show!  The first part of the show was mainly races with little opportunities for pictures.  The intermission entertainment was a fire breathing robot that tore a car to pieces.


 
It wasn't until the freestyle event that we actually saw some photo worthy jumps!

 
Tons of boats gathered in the water to watch the show too!

 
Our attempt at a family selfie, ha!

 
We stopped at our favorite BBQ restaurant on the way home to wrap up our fun day!

No comments: