Monday, November 26, 2012

Toys R Us, Fisher Price, and Groupon, OH MY!

Not only do we have TWO kids to buy for this Christmas, we only have ONE salary to do it!  I have enjoyed being a bargain shopper and finding some steals this season.  Just thought I would share the great deals while shopping for Emmy this year! 
 
Bryce has a kitchen at my parent's house that Emmy just loves.  We decided to get her one for our house for Christmas this year.  Even though she doesn't understand the concept of the kitchen or Christmas for that matter, she could spend hours (well maybe lots of minutes, ha) opening and closing the doors!  I found the same kitchen my parents have, but in PINK!  When I purchased it from Toys R Us for $59.99, I was spending enough to get FREE shipping and a FREE toy (of their choice......see next picture).
 
 
With the purchase of the kitchen, I got this Fisher Price Little People Zoo talkers toy (valued at $44.99) for FREE!! 
After reading reviews of the zoo, the only complaint was that it didn't come with many animals.  This weekend I purchased a $20 Toys R Us Groupon for $10.  Jason headed to the store today during lunch because Fisher Price and Toys R Us were offering another great deal, buy 1 get one 1/2 off.  So while I found the animals for cheaper at Target, Toys R Us was comparable with the promotion!  Jason was able to get 6 more animals and only had to spend $2.56 in addition to the Groupon.  So basically we got 6 animals for $12.56 ($10 Groupon and $2.56 out of pocket) instead of $30 for the regularly priced animals. 

 
So excited to have gotten Emmy's presents for under $75 instead of $135 (a little over 44% savings, I think).  I did pretty well with sales and coupons for Bryce's presents too, but that's a whole other post!  And on a totally different topic, does anyone else see an annoying ad at the top of my blog and random words hyperlinked with a little box that pops up when you run over it with your cursor or am I the only one seeing it on my computer?? 
 

No comments: