Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hey Y'all

We headed down to Savannah on Friday for a quick weekend trip with a group of teachers from our children's ministry at church.  We were able to get in a little sight seeing before the "business" of the trip.  I am a Paula Deen fan and I have always wanted to go to her restaurant.  We stopped by the Lady & Sons on Saturday morning to see if it was even possible to get in for a meal while we were there.  We got there at about 10:30 and they told us they could seat us at 11:00.  Imagine that!


I must say, my asparagus sandwich was one of the BEST things I have ever eaten.  I was tempted to get the buffet because it was full of southern comfort foods, but I just wasn't that hungry.  I am so glad I went with the sandwich.  Jason ended up getting the buffet so I was able to do a little tasting of his.


No Paula Deen meal would be complete without dessert.  I got the oreo gooey butter cake, Jason got the banana pudding, and our friend Jenny got the peach cobbler.  Yummy!


After we ate we decided to walk off a few calories and explore the city.  We went down to the waterfront and caught the remnants of St. Patrick's Day on River Street.  Jason enjoyed some green beer while I bought a purse and some shoes!  Then we headed down to City Market for some live music.  The weather was perfect while we were there.


We spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning checking out the children's programs at Savannah Christian Church.  I cannot even begin to explain the size of this place.  We went to the second service on Sunday morning (which was the fourth service of the weekend) and there were close to 800 people there.  Talk about people loving the Lord!  We were also amazed at the number of high school students who came out on Saturday night for their worship service.  This church is obviously doing something right and we brought back many great ideas that we hope to adapt and implement with our youth. 


We spent a lot of time in the car Friday night and most of the day today.  We even made a stop at South of the Border.  I don't personally care for the place, but I guess when you see billboards for a hundred miles, it's worth stopping.  I was just glad that Bryce was still awake when we got home and he couldn't have been happier to see us. 



No comments: