Saturday, March 5, 2011

HaPpY

We have had the BEST weekend.  My love language is quality time and I definitely got plenty of it with my boys this weekend!  We went out to dinner and dessert on Friday and had a great time.  We rarely go out because Bryce isn't much fun at a restaurant, but we gave it a try anyway.  He colored and talked with us while we waited for our food and then he ate an ENTIRE grilled cheese for dinner.  Dinner usually consists of one bite of food and then a temper tantrum because he can't stand the organized sitting of a meal at dinner.

We went to Sweet Frog for dessert.  This place is like heaven on earth.  It's a frozen yogurt shop with a toppings bar to die for!  Jason likes his ice cream smooth so he could care less, but for me, the crunchier the better.  Bryce was too cute as he carried his bowl around.  He got chocolate/vanilla swirl with M&M's and a gummy worm.  Notice how all the candy was missing before he finished his ice cream!

Today didn't disappoint either.  Jason was gone most of the morning so it was just me and B-Man.  We did our usual Saturday morning grocery shopping and I was a sucker for almost everything Bryce wanted.  He got Sponge Bob gogurt and Buzz Light Year Cheez-Its, but I had to put my foot down at Chuck E. Cheese string cheese because neither of us would have eaten that kind.  We also ended up with some Mickey Mouse sippy cups and  Land Before Time DVD that I wanted to get him.  We managed to get a few groceries too!


After the store we went to Barnes and Noble to play with the trains because we haven't already played countless hours at home since his birthday!  I was in the market for more books for him because I feel like we read the same books over and over again.  Bryce wanted a basketball book and we ended up finding a picture book about basketball and Rodney the Ram (VCU mascot)l.  Next we FINALLY got our hands on some girl scout cookies and had lunch at Subway.  The weather was nice today so we were able to get outside and play some basketball too.

Jason was home by the time Bryce got up from his nap so we headed out for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.  While we were waiting for our table we stopped into a toy store and I found this Melissa and Doug ABC puzzle that I have been looking for for months!  Bryce enjoyed playing with it while we ate.  Another dinner score because Bryce ate a piece of pizza and worked his puzzle!  We rewarded him with a mini basketball and a trip to a fun new candy store, Sweet Spot.  Really the candy store was for me, but Bryce enjoyed getting a gummy of every animal ever made, ha!

No comments: