Thursday, March 31, 2011

Go Rams!

***scroll to the bottom of this post for an update***

I've had a bit of blogger's block recently so I decided to talk about what everyone else is talking about, the VCU Rams!  I went to Virginia Tech for one year and instantly became a die hard Hokie Fan and I'm an avid follower of college football because of it.  I graduated from VCU with my undergrad and graduate degree, but never really felt a connection to the university like I did at Tech.  I never really realized what sports could do for a school until VCU pulled out some amazing wins to get them into the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, and now the Final Four.  Richmond has just exploded with excitement over this huge feat and I have hopped on the bandwagon!


The Dominion Power building in Richmond used its own resources to light up the city skyline in support of the hometown team.

Maymont, a popular petting zoo in Richmond, also outfitted one of their own in VCU attire!

My school celebrated the finale of reading month today with a black and gold VCU themed spirit day.  I proudly wore my VCU School of Education shirt.  The faculty gathered in the office at the end of the day for a group picture and I hope to get my hands on it so I can post it.  We are planing on watching the game with our small group on Saturday.  I have not gotten a t-shirt since the madness began, but if they make it to the championship game, I might just have to lie, steal or cheat to get me one (just kidding)!  Go Rams!

***Update***


Here is the RPES facutly dressed in black and gold to support VCU.  I found this picture on our local news' website.  NBC 12

No comments: