Sunday, March 13, 2011

new toy

I've been itching to get a new phone for a while.  I have talked myself out of a smartphone and its monthly payment many times.  I finally broke down today and made the purchase.  I was able to justify it to myself becuase we have tax return money to pay for the actual phone and we are getting ready to pay off our kitchen appliances and my gym membership is ending next month.  Even after putting the majority of that money into additional principal payments on our mortgage, there was enough to spare for a data plan on my new iPhone!

I'm pretty sure Jason may want a divorce after getting my phone set up and me all squared away.  I'm a slow learner when it comes to technolgy.  It's not enough to tell me, "it does this if you do this".  I want to know how and why.  Jason is a great teacher, I'm just a slow learner.


I originally wanted the Droid Pro because it had the keypad layout of the blackberry, but better internet.  After playing with the phones yesterday, I had decided to get the Droid X.  However, after remembering that my ipod is dead, it made sense to get the iphone and then I wouldn't need a new ipod.  I'm really happy with my purchase so far!  Jason is due for an upgrade next month so he said he would take the iphone off my hands if I end up hating it and wanted something else.  I'll let you know how it goes!

As for our weekend, we had a lot of fun.  We did some home improvement on Friday and got a new chandelier hung in the dining room.  Pictures to come some day.  Jason and I had a great date night on Saturday.  We went out for Thai and then went to our belated, unofficial 10 year high school reunion.  Bryce stayed with my parents and had a wonderful time.  Today we were here, there and everywhere and loved that it got dark later.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show for the weekend!  We have a busy week ahead, hopefully you will hear from me this week!

No comments: