Sunday, February 20, 2011

what a weekend

After two days of Bryce throwing up, I finally gave up on the notion that Bryce was getting sick because of his violent cough.  I accepted the fact that he had probably gotten the stomach bug.  If the throwing up wasn't enough to convince me, the diapers sure were!  Bryce acted fine on Friday despite getting sick a couple of times, but Saturday was a different story.  The picture below describes what we did most of the day/night.


After 48 hours and a good night sleep, Bryce was feeling a bit perkier this morning!  Our little slumber party last night may have also helped.  He woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I will normally put him in the bed with us when this happens, but I wasn't taking any chances of him getting sick in our bed so I laid out blankets and pillows on his floor and we slept there until 6:30 this morning.  Bryce and I stayed home from church this morning and wrapped up in warm laundry and watched cartoons.

With the vomit at bay, we finally ventured out today and met Jason over at MeMa and PaPa's house for lunch.  It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy some good food and good company.  It was a sure sign Bryce was feeling better when he chowed on some ribbon cake.


Hoping for a healthy week!

No comments: