Friday, June 25, 2010

16 months

What a difference a year makes. You may remember this post. It was a pictureless post of Bryce at 4 months. This picture was taken soon after that when we returned from our trip to OBX. We are actually leaving tomorrow for the same annual beach trip. I KNOW Bryce will be so much better and easier than he was last year at the beach. I can't wait.
Bryce definitely has his own personality. He is sweet, funny, and a little stubborn. He knows what he wants and he doesn't mind letting you know. Especially if it's something he doesn't want!

I am so excited I was able to get him to look at me and smile. I post so many pictures of Bryce looking at the floor or turned the other way so I was excited when he cooperated this morning!

Bryce continues to grow and change everyday. He has 6 teeth and 4 more coming in. He's starting to say 2-3 word phrases like "where da da go?", "more yogurt please", "hold you", "pee pee potty". Speaking of potty, we bought one the other day and we're going to start a little potty training. I'm sure he just heard Chase say it a million times, so he says it, but I really think he is ready to poop in the potty. Sorry if that was too much for you, but he knows when he has to go so I'm going to try and get him to go somewhere other than his diaper. He also says "change diaper" and it is too cute. There are a bunch of other phrases he uses, but I didn't want to bore you.

Bryce is still a picky eater. I've been trying to do better with vegetables this week, but it doesn't seem to be working. We tried carrots and lima beans this week and neither went over very well. He loves to eat fruit and he is starting to eat a little more meat now that he likes chicken, hamburgers, and hot dogs (even though that doesn't really count as meat).

Bryce enjoys coloring on the driveway with chalk and anytime he sees a pen or a crayon he says "B". He loves to write a B for Bryce (which is just 3 straight lines, ha!). He can even tell you that M is for Macy and D is for da da. Sometimes he can even point out a B when he sees one. Bryce has been counting 1, 2, 5 for a while. He gave up on the five and stops at 2. I have really been working on 3. The other day he had an 8 in his hand from his foam mat and I said 8, and he said 9, 10. He's starting to grasp a concept of numbers. We couldn't be more thrilled with his development. It is so fun watching him change and grow everyday. I am loving that I get to experience it even more now that I am home for the summer.



1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

I love that he likes the potty! Too cute! He must watch Chase!