Wednesday, April 7, 2010

spoiled rotten

Bryce is obsessed with basketball right now. So what did I do? I went out and bought him a basketball hoop, of course!

It all started when we moved in and Bryce saw Jason's basketball in the garage. Every morning he would go to the garage door and say ball over and over again. We finally got the ball and took it outside. That's when Bryce found Jason's basketball goal. Of course we had it at the other house, but Bryce never knew it.

Last week Pappy played basketball with Bryce and lifted him up so he could throw the ball into the big hoop. From then on, every time we go outside and he sees the basketball goal, he says ball at least a million times before I can get to the garage to get the ball.

Now every morning he goes straight to the back door and asks for the ball. I decided today that there was no way I was going to be able to lift him to play with the real basketball, so I bought him one that is more his size (and it will grow with him). He held the basketball in his lap the whole way home from Toys R Us. He was SO happy!

I'm pretty sure Jason would have liked to have assembled Bryce's first basketball hoop, but I was pretty proud of myself for getting it done!

No comments: