Saturday, February 21, 2015

the rest of the week

We had planned to start a Taco Tuesday night with our neighbors this week, but the snow had other plans.  Thankfully, we were all able to get out on Wednesday so we changed taco night this week! 
 
 
I was tired of the snow play by Thursday so we made plans to go to story time with Thomas and Gracie.  It was definitely nice to have a little structure back in our day.
 
 
It was also nice to let someone else entertain the kids (even if it was only for 30 minutes).

 
Since school was out again on Friday, we made more plans with Thomas and Gracie.  This time we went to the Science Museum! Emmy was singing "Let It Go". 

 
Bryce and Gracie completed this feat with a little help from me and Barbara.  It fell almost immediately after they got out from under it.  Guess we weren't meant to be engineers.

 
Peek - a - Boo!

 
Bryce couldn't wait to see the Great White Shark movie in the IMAX theater.  Unfortunately, this was as close to seeing the sharks as Bryce got.  He's like me and couldn't handle the theater and was dizzy and sick to his stomach before the movie ever starated.  Poor buddy!

 
After this long, cold, snowy week of no school and being inside A LOT, it was nice to have a little down time with my girl before the kids went to bed last night
 
 
After the kids went to bed, I had big plans to relax after this week.  It was pure bliss! 
This morning we went to breakfast with Jason's family and then both kids went their own direction and Jason and I found some time to ourselves.  I've been binge watching Parenthood and spending many lazy afternoons on the sofa.  I finally decided I would take the ipad out to the garage and make better use of my time.  747 calories baby!!

 
The boys went to Monster Jam today (post to come later) so Emmy and I had some girl time when she came home this afternoon.  Nothing better than cuddles, cartoons, and chocolate in bed with my favorite girl. 

 
I'm loving these lazy days, but I'm tired of being cold and I want to be outside in the sun!  Bring on spring!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing a great deal of your snow week with us. My kids adore your kids (me too!) and they are great play friends. Of course, I really enjoying hanging out with their mom too while they play ;)