Thursday, August 28, 2014

cardinal camp

Not only was today Open House day where kids find out who their teacher is, but Bryce's school has a special camp for kindergarteners to have a mini school day.  This was something I was thrilled about because we didn't offer anything like this at the school where I taught.  Thanks to Barbara, I have documentation of this day/event!  Here are the boys patiently awaiting to find out who their teacher was.  Barbara and I knew that they were going to be in the same class (we kept it a secret from the boys), but we didn't know who the teacher would be.  We were also excited to find out that Jason's cousin's daughter is also in their class.
 
 
Once we found the classroom, Bryce went right to work at his seat.

 
We took a break to make is lunch choice for Tuesday.

 
After getting the kids settled, it was time for the parents to leave.  Of course Barbara snapped a few pictures of their time at "camp".

 
Bryce told me he couldn't wait to go back to school everyday!  That sure does make thinking about the first day a lot easier on me!

 
After school, we headed to Sweet Frog to celebrate.

 
I was so excited about today and was kind of counting down the days, but now that it's over, I'm going back to putting the breaks on our summer vacation and hoping the next 4 days don't go by too quickly!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

So very happy these boys are staying together! I mean, they will be in the same school for the next 6 years (totaling 8 years together), but having them in the same class is a prayer answered!

Thanks again for going through all of this with me--you have no idea how much is has helped this very sappy mama who isn't sure what life will be about now that her children are gone all day.