Saturday, August 23, 2014

back to school celebration at the library

Our local library had a back to school celebration today.  Barbara had told me about it since she had been in previous years.  I already had something scheduled today, so Jason took the kids.  It was a fun event to help kids (especially kindergarteners) prepare for their first day of school.
 
 
Barbara had also emailed Bryce's preschool class from this past year to tell them about the event and many showed up for a fun time.

 
First ride on a real school bus!

 
How is that sweet little face already old enough to ride a school bus?!?

 
Might as well take advantage of the fire truck too!

 
Emmy wasn't a fan of the mascots and such at the event, but she did get her face painted!

 
Emmy has already told me "I miss Bryce at school".  Me too baby girl, me too. 

 
Next week is our last week of summer and you better believe I'm going to soak up every last minute with my sweet boy.  I'm sad that I worked during the first three years of Bryce's life, but I'm so thankful to have been home with him the past two years.  I'm not sure if that's going to make putting him on the bus on September 2 that much easier or harder!  Prayers please!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

Both boys really enjoyed today, especially the bus ride. I love seeing these two find ways to have fun together. And, I loved that Emmy let me take her to her face painted while Jason had the boys in crafts :)