Saturday, August 3, 2013

our anniversary

Yesterday was our 10 year wedding anniversary.  I was so excited about all the surprises I had planned for Jason.  When he got home on Thursday night, I gave him this soda can "cake" since aluminum is the 10 year gift.  I had planned to just give him 2 packs of drinks, but my friend Barbara asked me if I'd see the "beer" cakes on Pinterest.  I had not, but it was perfect!!  I got all the supplies and headed straight to her house to create the masterpiece.  I put a fake gun as the topper since that was the theme of the day I had planned for us on Friday.  I worked behind the scenes with Jason's boss and got him the day off on Friday.  This proved to be a more difficult task than I realized because he had a project deadline that she had to get him an extension for.  The good news, his boss is his cousin's wife so I had connections. 
 
 
Friday morning we got ready (in our matching outfits none the less) and dropped Emmy off at my parents' house.  Bryce had spent the night at Kelly's.
 
 
After a quick breakfast at McDonald's (romantic I know), we headed to the shooting range for my first experience with a gun.  I figured after 10 years of marriage, I should finally show some interest in Jason's hobbies.

 
We shot a couple of hand guns.  Jason is an expert.  I checked novice since there wasn't a blank for "never held a gun before".

 
After perfecting my form, apparently I put my left thumb in the wrong place and I arched my back too much, I got the hang of it. 

 
That's my target.  Thank.you.very.much.

 
Jason really wanted me to shoot the rifle.  I was terrified of it and thought for sure I would end up with a hurt face or shoulder or even end up on the floor.  Miraculously, I was able to shoot it without incident.  Once was enough though!

 
Us at the range.  I caught a little grief for my attire (not from Jason, surprisingly), but I did sport the required hearing and eye protection.

 
We had a great time at the range and a wonderful anniversary.  We went to lunch afterwards (not fast food this time) and then did some shopping.  We plan to go to Charleston in the fall and celebrate our anniversary with a getaway, but this was a fun way to spend our actual anniversary day!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

Seriously of all the anniversary tid-bits, I love the matching outfits the most!

Your "cake" looked awesome and I love that you let me help!

And, my husband now thinks you are the best wife EVER, so kuddos to you for putting the rest of us to shame ;)