Friday, August 9, 2013

5 on friday

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 
 
I'm linking up with the five on Friday girls again this week, but I'm keeping it pretty simple.  The last two weeks that I played along, I actually had some fun things outside of my mom world to share since it was our anniversary and my birthday and I had a little extra time and money for me!  This week it was back to what I do best and what I love (being a stay at home mama to my sweet babies).  Pictures brought to you courtesy of Instagram (edited using InstaStitch, PicFrame, and BeautifulMess apps).  Follow me at gwhitlock.   
 
ONE: rainy days
When I was teaching before having kids, I loved a good rainy summer day.  A day I could stay in bed and watch tv and be lazy.  As a mom, those days are few and far between nonexistent.  However, this past Tuesday the kids spoiled me and we were able to lay around and watch cartoons and movies in bed and on the sofa for a while.  Actually I spoiled them because we usually only watch 1-2 shows a day.
 
 
TWO: water fun

The sun was back out on Tuesday so I took the kids to the Children's Museum.  My parents got us a membership this year and we just love it.  It's so nice to be able to pop in the museum for a little while and not feel like we need to stay all day to get our money's worth.  We didn't even go to the inside exhibits.  We just played in the outdoor water area and the kids had a blast! 
 
 
THREE: s'mores
Our life group from church meets on Wednesday nights while our kids have their weekly program.  We are currently doing a 31 week church wide study, but we are on a short break for the summer so we had everyone over to our house for dinner, s'mores on the fire pit, and playtime for the kids.  Nothing says summer like s'mores!

 
 
FOUR: friends
We have 4 couples in our small group with a total of 8 kids.  It's always a good time when we all get together.  We were missing Jason's sister and her family last night while they vacation in Myrtle Beach.
 
FIVE: my loves
I took this picture a while ago, but it pretty much sums up my happiness!

 
 

3 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Love the s'mores! Lets do some soon!

Dawn said...

Hi! Found you on the link up! I am a part time teacher and I'm always telling my teacher friends that don't have kids how they need to soak up every bit of their summer...because summer is different, sweet, but different with little ones!! :)

Colleen Sullivan said...

Hey! I was a teacher before becoming a mom too, and I SO know what you mean about those lazy summer days --the ones that never happen now! I miss them SO! Now we're always on the go!