Tuesday, March 5, 2013

sunday and monday

During youth group on Sunday night, Jason and I took our middle school kids to perform a random act of kindness.  First we tried to give quarters to families at the laundromat, but everyone was finishing up when we got there and no one accepted our money.  Then we headed to Walmart where we were able to give two different families a little money toward their groceries.  It was a great experience for us all and it's something that I hope to do more regularly when I'm out.
 
While grocery shopping yesterday, an employee came up to me with three bouquets of flowers and asked me to choose one for myself.  After choosing my flowers, he scratched through the barcode and told me to enjoy!  How's that for a random act of kindness?!? I must have looked like I could use them as I navigated the big racecar cart through the store while holding onto Emmy's shirt tale so she wouldn't fall out of the cart since she refuses to sit in the seat!
 
 
Bryce got sea monkeys for his birthday.  We started the process last Tuesday night and by Saturday morning they had started hatching.  Bryce is enjoying watching them swim around.
 

 
Emmy is obsessed with the bathroom.  I try to keep her out, but she's always following Bryce in there and torturing him.  Last night I put her in the sink to keep her out of Bryce's way!

 
One of Bryce's friends from school came over to play yesterday.  He and Thomas had a great time playing and they got along so well.  Bryce is already asking when he can come over again!
 
 

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

We had so much fun, and Thomas is STILL asking every day if we are going to Bryce's house! We look forward to another play date soon.

PS: Your picture came out so much better than mine!! :)