Friday, January 20, 2012

Emmy's nursery

Emmy's nursery is finished!  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  My photography skills leave little to be desired, but the color and lighting look even better in person.



We used all of the same furniture from Bryce's nursery.  The crib will grow with her and turn into a double bed when she is older.  I had the bumper, skirt, and window treatment custom made at Modern Pea Pod.


There is something about white wooden letters on the wall that I just love.  I forgot where I ordered Bryce's so I had to find another seller.  I really like the font of the letters that I got from Fun Creations.

The pattern of fabric I chose for the bedding was actually a set that you could buy in stores, but I didn't want the quilt and crib sheet that came with it so I was excited when I found the same fabric by a custom seller.  However, I was able to order the lamp shade cover to match from Babies R Us.  I ordered the crib sheet, boppy cover, and changing pad cover in a matching Minky fabric from an Etsy seller, Ella Bella Linens.

Bryce had a little toy mirror hanging on his shelf above his changing table and it provided hours of entertainment.  I decided to buy a more decorative mirror this time and I found this cute one from Pottery Barn Kids.  I changed out the ribbon color to match my color scheme.  Someone gave us a first year picture frame for Bryce to capture him each month.  I was excited that I was able to find the same frame for Emmy!  I'm going to put her birth announcement in the white frame.  I found the piggy bank at Home Goods for a great deal!  We're looking forward to having a video monitor this time.  I'm really loving the clock.  I found a seller on Etsy, Shelly, who painted the clock on canvas for me.  She was super speedy and the clock matches the bedding perfectly.  I have had so much fun planning a nursery for a girl.