Wednesday, January 18, 2012

37 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 37 weeks (full term).  21 days to go!
Maternity clothes: If I have to!  I'm so over them and how huge they make me look!  My outfit again today didn't contain any maternity clothes.
Gender: Girl -- Emmy Paige
Movement: Lots of little pokes, but no real big movements.  The girls at school were enjoying watching my belly jump around at our meeting today.
Sleep: Not really.  I woke up Tuesday morning at about 3:00 and thought maybe I should start packing my hospital bag.  I had horrible cramps and lots of lower back pain.  It lasted about 3 hours and then got better when I took a shower and moved around some.  Last night I managed to get comfortable in bed and got a good night sleep. 
Cravings: Nothing in particular, but I just want to eat, even when I'm not hungry.  I could be happy if I just drank water from here on out.  I'm SO thirsty!
Symptoms: Discomfort.  My belly is just so uncomfortable.  I can't sit for long periods of time and laying isn't that great either.  I was about 2cm dilated at my appointment this week so we're moving in the right directions!
Total weight gain: 24 pounds.  However, after dinner out with my teacher friends for a "sprinkle" tonight, I may have packed on an additional 5 pounds.  Nothing better than sweet potato fries and chocolate cake!
What I miss: Being able to get comfortable. 
Best moment of the week: I had a great luncheon with friends and family on Saturday and a fun sprinkle with work friends tonight. 
What I'm looking forward to: A trip to Target tomorrow night to buy the last few necessities to get the nursery, diaper bag, and hospital bag ready!