Tuesday, September 6, 2011

i'm too drained for a title tonight

Today was the first day of school and it was a long one!  My students don't have a resource class on Tuesdays which means I don't have a break and it rained today so we couldn't get outside for recess.  Unfortunately, this wasn't the worst part of my day!  I noticed yesterday that Macy was a bit lethargic and wasn't walking very well.  She would walk a few steps and then lay her back legs out behind her and drag them as she tried to walk.  Jason wanted to give her some time to rest and see how she was before we did anything.  She seemed much better this morning and even when I got home from work today.  However, after a trip up the stairs with me, she was dragging her legs again.  I called the vet and they were able to squeeze us in today.  The doctor said she had a herniated disc.  Luckily it is easily treated even though it is one of the more painful ailments for dogs.  Unfortunately, Macy has to spend tonight and tomorrow night at the vet while she gets a round of 4 IVs to help reduce the inflammation.  I'm just glad she is getting to rest and hopefully on the mend, but boy is it hard having a sick puppy!  So in an effort to dry the tears, I leave you with some happy pictures.


We headed to the river for a cookout on Sunday night.  The boys got to go for a boat ride and they just looked so funny with the life jackets up to their chins.


Bryce saw a kid on tv tonight who was wearing goggles in the bathtub.  He wanted to do the same.


If that doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what does!

2 comments:

Sara said...

So sorry about Macy :( I know how hard it is leaving a sick dog... when our dog Elsie was about 1, we notied one night she wasn't putting pressure on one leg, and by the next morning she barely wanted to walk. I took her right in and she had something where her knee cap never formed correctly and eventually snapped out of place. She had a very invasive surgery and was away for 3 nights... it was SO hard and sad!!! Hopefully Macy will be 100% in no time :)

Emma won't take a bath without goggles... kids are too funny! :)

Melissa said...

I hope Macy starts feeling better soon! It's crazy how close we get to our dogs, but I know I'd be in the exact same boat if anything happened to John and Rudy. I cried when they got loose outside for a few minutes and I didn't know where they were!