Wednesday, September 21, 2011

20 weeks and gender reveal


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 20 weeks. Halfway!
Maternity Clothes: Mostly everything (except today's dress) because it's easier and comfier.
Gender: It's a GIRL!  We are SO excited.  I had tears running down my face as we finished up the ultrasound after the tech told us it was a girl.  I really thought girl all along because this pregnancy has been so different, but I didn't get my hopes up.  Now if I only had some time to go out and buy something girly already!  We're still deciding on a name.
Movement: It took until this past week, but I have been feeling a little more movement each day.  Her movements were so strong on Monday night that Jason could even feel it!
Sleep: Not too bad, but I have come down with a cold (sounds like bronchitis) and I haven't been sleeping very well.
Cravings: This past week while I was grocery shopping my eye caught a bag of sweet potato fries in the frozen section.  This is not something I ever order out, but seeing them got me in the mood.  We went to Arby's last night to get some and they were delicious.
Symptoms: Just this awful cough, but it's not related to pregnancy.  Of course I could probably get over it quicker if I weren't pregnant.
Total weight gain: almost 8 pounds
What I miss: I have to admit that I have been enjoying a diet coke every now and then, so I'm really not missing much!
Best moment of the week: Our ultrasound this week.  We got to hear her heartbeat which was 153 bpm, she was 12 ounces, and in the words of the tech, "everything looked marvelous".
What I'm looking forward to: Picking out stuff for a girl nursery and putting together a big boy room for Bryce!


The ultrasound pictures weren't as clear this time as they were with Bryce, but you can still see her cute little profile.



I absolutely love this last picture.  How cute does she look with her little legs crossed.  Such a little lady already!



So blessed!

2 comments:

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

YAY! SO excited for you! I thought GIRL for you too, even though I do not know you at all. So wild. Out of 6 women I know expecting in February [including myself] only 2 of us are having boys. It is definitely going to be a "girl" year!! Congrats again on your sweet girl! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful feet.