Monday, July 18, 2011

a day of failed attempts

I bought a Groupon for Romp n' Roll a while back and finally decided to take Bryce today. We went to the Little Gym on his birthday this year and he loved it.  I thought for sure he would like this place since they had music, art, and a gym.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  I'm not sure if the goofy instructor or this week's dinosaur theme set him off, but he didn't take to it very well.  I was able to get a few happy pictures, but they were few and far between.  He got upset with every new thing we did. 


He did a great job walking the "S" shaped balance beam.


The rings were a big hit.


He loves a trapeze.  All he wanted to do was play basketball.  He would not do the first obstacle course and he wouldn't do the parachute which surprised me because he loves it when they do it at story time. 


So if I didn't torture him enough at Romp n' Roll, the first day of swimming lessons sure did him in.  You would have thought the child had never been in a swimming pool, much less a bath tub.  There was never an opportunity for me to take a picture because I ended up getting in the pool with him for the whole lesson.  We didn't accomplish many of the tasks the instructor had planned today (blowing bubbles in the water and walking on his hands so he could kick his feet).  Hopefully he will warm up as the week goes on. 

No comments: