Friday, July 29, 2011

a cake for Jason

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday!  Bryce and I met Jason for lunch at Moe's and then we had pizza for dinner with my parents and then Jason's family joined us later for dessert.  I prefer ice cream to cake so I got an M&M Blizzard ice cream cake.  It was delicious.  I also decided to incorporate Jason's birthday into my special day.  Not only did he work super hard on my present, but we didn't get a chance to celebrate his birthday with all of his family because of VBS and vacation.  I thought this would be the perfect time to celebrate him too!


Jason's favorite cake is chocolate pound cake from the family bakery.  I didn't plan very well in advanced, but got lucky and stopped by the bakery on a day when they make the pound cakes.  It just so happened that they had made a chocolate cake that day for sampling.  So instead of customers sampling it, our family got the pleasure of eating 4 pounds of chocolate pound cake!


The cake was still warm when we went to get it, so they told me to come back later after they had a chance to decorate it.  I told them to do chocolate icing and write "Happy Late Birthday DaDa".  They asked if I wanted anything on it and Bryce decided a baseball would be nice.  Well we were shocked when we came to pick it up and saw this amazing hunting scene on it.  Guess that's what happens when you order from the family bakery!  Jason was thrilled and it was nice to have cake and "ice cream" from our two cakes.

No comments: