Monday, October 1, 2012

1 month in

I've made it through my first full month as a SAHM so I thought I would do a little update.  There was no doubt in my mind that I would LOVE my new job and I do!  It makes me sad that I wasn't at home with Bryce while he was Emmy's age, but I'm glad I have the time with him now.
 
 
We have a great routine and we are staying busy.  I'm a little bummed that Bryce's friends are in school opposite days as him so he can't get together for play dates.  Emmy's nap schedule is different from her baby friends so baby play dates are just as hard to schedule.  It kind of stinks because I really enjoy "mom" time with the girls when we get the kids together.  I guess we could skip a nap every now and then to have an afternoon play date, but then I might have two cranky kids on my hands, ha!  I need to do a better job of meeting the moms of the kids in Bryce's class since he's making new friends.  I would love for him to get together with them outside of school.

 
My biggest concern wasn't whether or not I would like being home, but if we could afford me being home.  So far it hasn't been too bad, but we went into this with a bit of a surplus so that helps.  We have had to cut back on LOTS of things we do, which sometimes makes me feel like we have less social time with friends because we don't go out to eat anymore, but it could just be the fact that we have two kids and they keep us busy!

 
The weirdest part about staying home is that even though I have more time with the kids and I get to see their milestones and daily development, I feel like life is passing by just as quickly as when I was working and not getting to see everything.  It has made me cherish each and every minute I spend with them and I am so thankful that I get to be at home. 
 

No comments: