Friday, September 25, 2009

7 months & an ear infection

Does this look like a little boy with an ear infection? He just seems too happy!! Bryce started getting a runny nose last Friday. It bothered me a bit, but I thought it was probably just a cold. He developed a cough throughout the week and I kept trying to convince myself that it was just a cold. I didn't like the sound of the cough this morning so I had Jason make an appointment this afternoon. The doctor said Bryce was doing a good job of not letting us know that he had an ear infection....no ear pulling, not overly fussy, and no temperature. Thank goodness my motherly instinct was telling me to take him to the doctor. We got some "bubble gum" medicine and some ear drops and we are hoping we continue to see this happy smiling face while he recovers!
Bryce is 7 months old today and he is changing every day.
  • He loves pulling himself up, whether it's on his toy box or holding on to our hands.
  • He is getting better at crawling everyday (video to come).
  • He is trying to lean over into a crawling position from sitting.
  • He loves to eat.........he likes all the jar food we have given him except green beans. He really loves bananas and sweet potato puffs in his mesh teether.
  • He has slept through the night the last 2 nights. (I know that it could be a fluke, especially with the ear infection, but I'm hoping we have turned a corner in the sleep routine.) I even had to wake him up today to go to Kelly's.
  • He has the cutest smile and he loves to show it off!
  • He is still wearing 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
  • He has had 3 great weeks in the nursery at church.
  • He is becoming more and more aware of the things around him.

I have enjoyed every month and the milestones Bryce has reached, but the past month has been the best so far. He is at such a fun stage right now and I am so sad that I have had to go back to work and miss his sweet smile and personality every day. I know it's a part of life so I am cherishing every minute I get to spend with him in the morning and evening. I don't want to wish my life away, but I started counting down the days until summer vacation as soon as school started! I knew having a baby would be exciting, but I never knew Bryce would bring us this much joy. If I posted a picture of myself, my smile would be just as big as Bryce's!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

so true, having a baby is so much better than you can imagine!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your sweet boy feels better soon. It is hard to see our baby's feel badly! But, at least he is taking it in stride with that big smile. I hope your transition back to work goes well. Have a great weekend! Ginger

Grant said...

This kid is hilarious!! Uncle Grant has left an impression I see. I'm so proud.