Sunday, November 9, 2014

"the mamas"

I enjoy blogging and telling our story, but I REALLY enjoy reading other people's blogs.  There are so many inspiring women out there who are just so funny and I love their blogs.  Two of my favorite bloggers are Big Mama and Boo Mama.  Not only are they women of faith, they are the best writers!  I was so excited when they started advertising their next speaking event that was held in Charlotte, NC this weekend.  I figured this was the closest they may get to me so I had to go see them.  My friend Barbara came with me and we had the best time.  The women from First Baptist Charlotte who organized the event were hilarious and I love how they referred to Melanie and Sophie as "the mamas" all weekend.
 
 
The sweet sisters retreat was so much fun.  Friday night consisted of a worship session, a message from Sophie, a cupcake dessert, and a meet and greet with "the mamas".

 
Melanie is the author of Sparkly Green Earrings and The Antelope in the Living Room.  They were both an easy fun read that had me laughing out loud.  I literally felt like I was meeting a celebrity!
 
 
I even got my books signed!

 
Sophie is the author of A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet and we both share a love for Chuy's!!  She is hilarious and I could listen to her talk ALL day long because I just love her accent and Melanie's too.

 
Another signed book!

 
The lighting was much better on day 2 so I got "the mamas" to take another picture for me!

 
Not only were the speakers wonderful, the praise team was AMAZING.  The lead singer was so animated and was such a good performer. 

 
"The Mamas" focused on female relationships and having a best friend who is always there for you.  This morning I was catching up on my daily Bible reading and this was part of my reading from Saturday (when I was at a retreat about friends).  I am always amazed at God's perfect timing. 

 
I had a great time getting away from my everyday with a great friend seeing amazing speakers.  If you ever get the chance to hear these ladies speak, do it.  And if not, at least read their blogs and books!  They both have books coming out next year that you won't want to miss.  We even got a copy of the first chapter of each of their books, Nobody's Cuter Than You, and Home is Where My People Are.

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

I finally blogged about our trip on my blog. Thank you again for driving...and of course convincing me to go. It was a wonderful weekend!