Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Forest of Virtues Award - Responsibility

This little invitation came home with Bryce on Monday afternoon.
 
We didn't have anything like this at my school when I was teaching, so I was excited to see what it was about.

 
From what I can tell, throughout the year, each teacher chooses a student from class who meets the criteria for one of (6?) virtues.  Today's ceremony was for the virtue of responsibility and fairness. 

 
Our sweet boy received the responsibility award.  After receiving the award, he got to put a cardinal (school mascot) with his name on it on a tree that was placed in the school foyer. 

 
I attempted to video the ceremony, but I pushed all the wrong buttons at the wrong times and didn't actually get a video of it.  Luckily, I got the paper that his teacher wrote and the principal read! 

 
We're so proud!

 
A William's Bakery donut is always a nice treat!

 
We found his cardinal on the tree.

 
We could not be more proud of Bryce and how well he has adjusted to kindergarten.  He continues to amaze us each day and always puts a smile on our face! 

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

So proud of you Bryce! You are really shinning in Kindergarten, and I am so glad that Thomas has such an amazing best friend like you :)

Congratulations!

(You deserve to be super proud too mama!)