Tuesday, September 10, 2013

off to the races

We didn't actually go to the race, but we did head over to the race track after school on Friday with Bryce's good friend Thomas!
 
 
I don't know much about racing, but I do know I have a little boy who loves racecars!
 
 
Isn't it every little boys dream to be a racecar driver for a day?

 
Bryce happened to have this racing hand me down shirt so I put him in it for the occasion.  We just happened to stumble on the arena racing car to match so we took advantage of the photo op.

 
Emmy and I share the sentiments for racing, but I was a better sport about it, ha!

 
She woke up in time to enjoy the animals and the bounce houses on the way out.

 
So excited for the friendship these two boys have formed.  And thankful for the friendship with Thomas' mom Barbara as a result.  (I promise I'm not using you for your pictures, ha).

 
It sure was fun seeing the LOVE of racing through the eyes of a little boy!

1 comment:

Shipley Mommy said...

(I read this post several days back, but got distracted ;) I LOVE the "love" picture. Thomas just wrapped his arm around his buddy like you see older kids and adults do. It was too precious, and he has never done that before. So glad these two boys are such great friends. And, I love to take pictures and share. :)