Friday, June 15, 2012

bittersweet

For the past seven years, from September to June, this has been my home away from home!


My childhood dream was to become a fourth grade teacher because I loved school as a kid and adored my fourth grade teacher.  If you know me, I'm a planner, I set goals, and I stick to them.  So, I went to college and got my Master's degree to teach.  After graduation, I got a fourth grade teaching position in the county I most desired.  I remember driving to school on my first day and thinking "wow, this is going to be my life until I retire".  Below is a picture of me and my mentor on the first day of school back in 2005.  Now she is more than a mentor and coworker, but a sweet friend.   

Little did I know on that first day, that this really wouldn't be my life until I retire.  After having children, I have realized that my life is way more than teaching fourth graders from September to June.  While I love teaching and shaping the minds of children, I have come to realize that my own children need me more!  As a result, I have decided to stay home with Bryce and Emmy (hopefully until they are both in school).  I am so excited for this opportunity and I'm so thankful that Jason is so supportive of this decision. 

While a few teachers have come and gone, these three girls have been with me since the beginning.  It was so hard to say goodbye today, but we have plans for lunches this summer and I'm going to be their copy mom next school year!  I am so excited for this next chapter in my life.  I will cherish the memories I have from teaching, but I also know I will cherish the time with Bryce and Emmy.




No comments: