Sunday, July 30, 2023

6th week of summer and my birthday

I took Bryce and his friend Charlie to Top Golf on Monday.  They played a round of miniature golf and then had some bay play.


MeMa took the cousins to Williamsburg on Tuesday for some fun.  


Putt-Putt, bumper boats, and go-karts, oh my!


Chase's boat got stuck under a sprinkler and he got a little wet and poor Emmy isn't big enough to drive some of the bigger karts.  


Friday was my birthday and I was spoiled from start to finish.  The day started with a mimosa and all the car cleaning accessories I'll ever need.  I've become obsessive about washing our new car so this was great!


I had a special Crumbl delivery from my bestie!


The kids (and Nana) and Jason got me some of my favorite treats.  


Jason and I had a yummy lunch at a vineyard.  He got the slushie flight and I got a wine flight.  


We clean up well.


After lunch we went to the mall for some last minute shopping before our trip tomorrow and then we stopped by a brewery before heading home for some pool time.  The pool hosted their first ever happy hour with drinks and a food truck. 


The kids were doing their thing most of the day, but we wrapped up the day with happy birthday and candles. 


I met my friends from church to celebrate July birthdays on Saturday afternoon. 


Our good friends just learned that their middle son has cancer and our friend group, their family and the community as a whole has come together to support them.  Last night we had a car parade to send lots of encouragement before he starts treatment this week. 


We enjoyed hanging out with them after the parade. 



Please send prayers to 10 year old Gavin as he fights cancer. 


Photo booth at church this morning. 


We enjoyed lunch and dessert with the family to celebrate my birthday after church today.

No comments: