Sunday, November 29, 2020

thanksgiving

 We typically travel to North Carolina on Thanksgiving but stayed home this year.  It was definitely different, but I enjoyed the slow pace of the day and being able to watch the parade. 


I fixed myself a drink and cozied up with Bentley, read a book and watched the parade.  


Jason was able to go hunting with friends before we had lunch at Jason's grandma's.


It ended up being in the seventies so we enjoyed lunch outside.


We celebrated with my mom on Friday night!  I'm never going to complain about multiple days of Thanksgiving food!


We always help Nana decorate her tree the day after Thanksgiving.  


Emmy put on the finishing touches!


We started the tradition with wearing Christmas pj but it has morphed into themed shirts.  This year's shirt will definitely go down in history, just like this year!


I got the biggest kick out of Bentley sitting on the steps the other day.  I don't typically get these stuffed animals out, but I was hoping to get rid of them this year and just put them on the steps to sort of get them out of the way.  One of them was on Bentley's spot he likes to sit so I moved it and he made himself right at home.


We finished our outdoor decorations this weekend and then Jason put up the last of the decorations today!  "It's a major award!" 


My mom surprised me with a wine advent calendar today!  So fun!


We have three weeks of school until Christmas break and we are hoping to stay in school for all of it and we're praying we continue to stay healthy through this wonderfully fun season!

No comments: