Sunday, November 22, 2020

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

It's a covid world and we're living in it!  We went to see Santa this week and I was honestly shocked that the kids had to wear their masks for the picture.  Santa had on a face shield and was behind a plexi glass partition.  This picture definitely captures where we are in life right now.   


Right next door in the SAME building we were able to eat dinner without masks so I snapped a few pictures of the kids.  I'm not sure they were this happy behind their masks though!



Every year I hold my breath as I take out our Christmas trees because it's inevitable that the lights won't be agreeable.  One of our trees was on its last leg last year so I was a bit nervous this year.  And as I expected, we ended up tossing my favorite tree.  We did a little shift and put our other slim tree in the dining room to replace it and had to buy a new tree for the living room.  I gave in to colored lights this year and the kids were stoked.  Luckily it has the option for white and colored lights!


We even got a full size tree this year rather than a slim tree.  I immediately switch to white lights when the kids go to bed!


It took me two trees to find colored lights I could be happy with!


I added a little Christmas to our playroom this year.


We got a new sectional and I knew we'd be spending a lot of time watching Christmas movies in here rather than the living room so I needed a little glow to make it merry!


We've had a love seat in our playroom for 10 years.  We added extra seating with bean bags, but it just wasn't the same.  We've been wanting a sectional for over a year and we finally found something we loved!

No comments: