Saturday, July 4, 2020

coronacation 2020

We hit the road last Saturday for a much needed vacation.  We've had this trip planned for a long time, but were concerned it would get canceled due to covid.  We took Nana and Bentley and Emmy rode with Taylor and Bryce rode with Chase.


The traffic headed to the beach is always terrible, but it was nice to relax with a glass of wine once we were there!


Sun, sand, a book, a drink, repeat.  I love the relaxation that the beach allows.  I'm not a fan of the water or actually touching the sand (weird, I know) but sitting and relaxing is my jam.  My first beach read was Little Fires Everywhere.  I'm hoping to watch the show now, but I never  take time for tv when I'm at home. 


The girls made a sofa in the sand.


Bryce couldn't wait to boogey board.


The peacock was a fan favorite this week.  It was nice for relaxing at the pool.


Jason booked a fishing trip for Monday.  








They came home with lots of Spanish Mackerel for dinner.


The girls had a fun morning twinning on the beach while the boys were gone.


Book number two of the trip.  Elin Hilderbrand never disappoints.


We went out to dinner on Tuesday night and got a great family shot.


My time hop memory on Wednesday was the kids at the beach 5 years ago so I had to recreate some shots!






We never seem to take many pictures together but I made sure we got one!


I may have taken ALL of my monogrammed cups and koozies but I needed them all because they all serve a different purpose, ha!


Bryce's sand shark.


Emmy looked so cute and relaxed floating around on my Cadillac float as I call it.  I don't like the ocean and don't really love the pool either so I bought this as my compromise to get in!  I actually did get in the water some this week because it was HOT!


Jason and Bryce and I went for a walk on the beach one night.  Love this picture of my boys.


The Caddells had some friends come down for the day on Thursday and Bryce and Emmy joined them for a bike ride.



Emmy took a tumble in the ocean and wanted to go back to the house for a break.  The ice cream truck was in front of our house when we got back which helped her recovery!



I got up with my mom and Bryce on Friday morning to watch the sunrise.  I had a little buddy with me.



So pretty!


The kids played tennis on Friday morning and then walked over to the pier when they were done.  They heard someone had caught a sea turtle so they went to see it before the rescue crew got it back in the water.


Independence Day suits for the holiday weekend!


Emmy did some gymnastics for us!


This handsome guy obliged when I asked for a solo picture of him.


I started book three as I soaked in all that the last day of vacation had to offer.


We spent the rest of the evening on the beach not wanting our wonderful trip to end.




It was a wonderful week.  We're coming home with lighter hair, darker skin and happy hearts!  Until next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let s see the 2 girls do a scissor position