Saturday, June 20, 2020

first official week of summer vacation

It was rainy and cooler all week which kept us in the house most days.  We're hoping next week is a bit warmer and sunnier.


We were able to eat INSIDE a restaurant for family dinner night on Monday!


And then we went to Sweet Frog after dinner.  They have changed their toppings station since it was buffet style and Bryce was so glad they were reopened! 


After two days of nonstop rain, we needed out.  We walked around a local park on Tuesday night after dinner.  It was still a little drizzly but we didn't care.  Jason even did a "little" fishing while we were there.  See what I did there, ha!


Wednesday was another rainy day spent inside reading!  


The kids went to Chase and Taylor's to play since they had been out of town so Jason and I got a date night and ate IN a restaurant again!


The skies finally cleared on Thursday and I went out to celebrate one of my co-workers retirement.  It was so good to see everyone since we've been out of school since March.


My hydrangea bushes are HUGE this year, but they only have a few blooms.  I made sure to pick a few to bring inside as soon as they were pretty!


We tried a new restaurant on Saturday for lunch.  It was a fun little spot on the water with yummy food.  I got a brussels sprout and cauliflower pizza.  YUM!


This planter on my deck has gotten huge!  I thought it had died in a late frost, but it came back and looks amazing!

No comments: