Sunday, February 17, 2019

monograms and mimosas

My best friend, Katy is getting married at the end of March.


I hosted a bridal shower yesterday with the help of her sister and one of our friends.


The venue where the shower was held was recently renovated and didn't need much decorating to make it wedding ready.


We had a large guest list so we didn't want to spend a lot of time on games (who really likes games anyway).  Instead we set up a few stations for people to do things on their own.  Here was a kiss guessing game.


We played the old "you can't say bride or wedding game" or you get your ring stolen.  


In the entryway we had a table set up for guests to address their own thank you note so Katy wouldn't have to.


The theme of the shower was monograms and mimosas.  Audrey did a great job with the mimosa bar.  I found the fun balloon at Target.





The food was so good!


We had ham and swiss sliders and quiche.


We also had chicken salad in phyllo cups and cucumber sandwiches.  


Next up was crab dip, fruit, a cheese ball and veggies.  


Audrey did an amazing job with the couples monogram in the fruit!



I had a local bakery make custom sugar cookies to fit the theme and included her monogram and the wedding date.


We have a young girl at church who has a baking business so I had her make funfetti cupcakes and I topped them with fun toppers I found on Etsy.


This was the first time I've ever used water bottle labels.  Jason was so kind to cut and stick all 75 of them!


I had flower arrangements made for the tables and then sent them home with the bride and the moms!


This was her only shower and it included friends and family.  I think it's safe to say she was spoiled!


Congrats to Katy and Chris as their big day approaches!

No comments: