Tuesday, July 12, 2016

a week without kids

Jason and I have been staying busy while the kids are having fun in Florida.  We had some friends over Friday night for a fish fry but I didn't get any pictures.  We went to the mountains for the day on Saturday and had a wonderful time.


We went to Bold Rock Cidery for a lunch and drinks and then we went to Carter Mountain for all things peach (we go there for all things apple in the fall).


We got peach wine slushies, peach ice cream and peach donuts!  YUM!


Not a bad afternoon view!


We took a little Sunday drive after church and tried out a new burger place everyone is raving about.  It was definitely worth the drive.  


I got to go out for girls night on Monday night!  I even bought a new dress and new shoes for the occasion. 


I had such a fun evening.  The girls I used to teach with wanted to do something for me after my dad died and Jason told them that a night out would be better than any gift they could give me and I SO agree!  While I don't see these girls often enough, we always pick up right where we left off!


Jason had his softball tournament tonight and I had a PTA meeting, but tomorrow is date night!!!

No comments: