Monday, June 22, 2015

happy birthday, jason

Bryce really wanted to take lunch to Jason at work and then bring him home early!  Sounds like a great birthday treat to me!  However, Jason has lunch meetings all this week so with the help of his boss, we got creative and showed up this morning with donuts!  The family bakery is closed on Mondays and so are other local bakeries so we ended up at Krispy Kreme and Duck Donuts to get a good variety of sweet treats for Jason and his office!
 
 
I made meatloaf (Jason's favorite) and fresh zucchini from our garden for dinner.  Again, since the bakery is closed on Mondays and Sundays for that matter, I had to be Betty Crocker and make my own chocolate pound cake (another favorite).  I found Trisha Yearwood's recipe all over Pinterest so I figured it must be good and boy was it delicious.  I also made homemade chocolate frosting!
 
Happy birthday, Jason.  We hope you had a great birthday.  We love you so much!

No comments: